The EuroMed Research Business Institute (EMRBI) is announcing the organisation of an Executive Workshop in Mergers and Acquisitions.
EXECUTIVE WORKSHOP- MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS
That will be held at October 1, 2012, Glion-Montreux, Switzerland
· To provide an overview of state-of-the-art on success and failure factors in domestic and international mergers and acquisitions from buyer and seller points of view.
· To provide managerial practical guide for planning mergers and acquisitions, synergy analysis, evaluation and pricing, negotiation, and other important issues.
· To provide managerial practical tools for implementing post merger integration process, dealing with cultural differences, the human resource challenges, and capture synergy potential.
· To present differences between various aspects of mergers and acquisitions, such as the acquisition of start-ups and small companies, mega-mergers, mergers in various industries, and more.
WORKSHOP FACULTY and ADVISORY BOARD
The faculty and advisory board members of this workshop have vast experience in conducting and consulting domestic and international M&As and published best seller books on M&As and articles in leading managerial journals and business newspapers such as Financial Times.
Prof. Guenter Stahl, INSEAD and WU Vienna University of Economics and Business
Prof. Yaakov Weber, College of Management, Israel
Dr. Shlomo Tarba, College of Management, Israel
Haim Ben-Yemini, former VP, and currently is consulting to CEO of, Teva Ltd. (World largest generic pharmaceutical company).
Prof. Sim Sitkin, Duke University
Prof. David Schweiger, University of South Carolina
Prof. Demetris Vrontis, University of Nicosia
Prof. Ruediger Kaufmann , University of Nicosia
The workshop will focus on the following subjects and issues:
1. Success and failure factors in Mergers and Acquisitions: Three different perspectives: Economic/finance, Strategic Management, Organizational Behavior.
2. Strategic planning process for mergers and acquisitions. Assessment of alternatives such as Joint Ventures, strategic alliances, and outsourcing.
3. Tools for analyzing different kind of synergy potential. Financing technique for M&A and their influence on profit and stock prices.
4. Advantages and disadvantages of various types and alternatives of M&A, such as vertical, horizontal, diversification (BUY) vs. organic development (MAKE), start-ups acquisitions vs. mega mergers, "open" vs. "traditional" organizational marriages.
5. Before the deal: criteria for successful screening, assessment of cultural differences, the opportunities, speed and secrets, management of consultants (investment bankers and lawyers), due diligence and letter of intent, negotiation stages and techniques.
6. After the honey-moon: integration approaches, management structure, cultural conflicts and integration, knowledge transfer, leadership, human resources practices, communication strategy, autonomy for acquired managers, synergy exploitation, speed, control and evaluation.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please contact Prof. Yaakov Weber email@example.com or Dr. Shlomo Tarba firstname.lastname@example.org at the College of Management Academic Studies